Given that Hubby and I had an extra day off this weekend, and had a beautiful sunny day, we capitalized and got loads of work done outside. Mike and my brother Andrew started our big under-deck storage area and it looks great so far. I’m super excited to see it all done and show you!
While the boys tackled the big project, Mike’s sister and I got to work puttering around a few smaller ones, like de-brassing these doorknobs:These are the knobs to the basement (interior) doors. All the upstairs knobs were totally replaced with pretty, fancy knobs before we moved in. Our intention was to replace the three doors downstairs with matching knobs. This dream came to a crashing halt when we priced them out to find they were $25.00 each! No way Jose were we spending $75.00+tax on doorknobs. Na-uh, not happening.
I decided for the sake of $8.00 I would try a can of RustOleum’s Satin Nickle spray paint. I couldn’t possibly make them any worse so it was worth a shot.
After the super sister-in-law removed the doorknobs, I stuck them into a piece of styrofoam that would allow them to stand up, gaining better access to all angles while painting.
I also remembered to label which knobs came from what room in case they were finicky or something when replacing.
One more tiny thing off my list!